Only in America (sigh)

by noseycow

The University of South Columbia has caused a storm by publishing a study showing where Americans are most likely to die due to the forces of nature.

deathmap

In 2005 there were 30,694 gun related deaths in the USA and heart disease killed over 600,000. The map, however, is a result of studying a total of 20,000 deaths from natural hazards over 24 years.

But even so an online poll shows that 42% of Americans are ‘somewhat’ concerned about the threat of natural hazards where they live. The other 58% presumably have a sense of security that can only be provided by that firearm stashed under their pillow.

http://news.aol.com/article/us-death-map-shows-how-nature-kills/280061

Other Only in America stories here:

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,145 other followers

%d bloggers like this: